The LG G Watch was on sale for 60 bucks last week so I, of course, impulsively bought it. Honestly, it wasn’t something I was even looking to get because I already have a Pebble and I love my Pebble. But as a gadget-y techie guy, I felt it was my duty to try it. I haven’t really played around with a lot (I fell asleep while looking at it last night), but here are my first impressions
- The watch is heavy. It’s roughly the same size as the Pebble but noticeably heavier
- I’m getting used to seeing color. It reminds me of when I used to wear my ipod nano as a watch.
- I wish the OK Google message would go away. I’m sure there’s a setting to get rid of it (.. right?) but I haven’t found it yet.
- I’m a little lost on how to use it, but I’m sure it’ll just take some time to get used to it
- The battery life is terrible. The watch was dead in the morning after I had charged it to full and started playing around with it around 11pm. Far cry from the Pebble that lasts me at least of week
- As I was taking pictures of the watch, the watch asked me if I wanted to use it as a camera button. That’s pretty cool.
- I feel like it should be talking to me. It seems quiet
- I noticed my Nexus had Google Play Services running for a long time. Not sure if they’re related
That’s it for now. I’m going to try it out for a couple of days. I’m sure I’ll be comparing it to the Pebble constantly like a Asian parent to their neighbors’ child and we’ll see which one I prefer using more. (The Pebble can do this, why can’t you?)
Do I need to take my watch charger to work?